Wednesday 6 January 2016

What I gave for Christmas 2015

This year I wanted to top my past present givingness. The past few years I've given things that were not so great, and I could've done better, so this year I decided that if I didn't like it I wouldn't give it.
I came up with a theme. I gave everyone a personalised jar that, after they'd done with it they can use it for whatever they want it for. I filled the jar with something I'd made for them and a few sweets.




TP's Gold Splatter Jar



For this jar I used gold spray paint and sprayed up from the bottom towards the top, and then sprayed the lid. Inside I made a little toast keyring for her.

 Mum's Starry Jar.



For this jar, I used yellow acrylic paint for the stars, then sealed it with glitter glue. For the lid I sponged yellow acrylic paint and then put a few dots here and there. Inside I made a little book of  '10 Reasons That I Love You'. 

 DD's Spotty Jar.

For this jar I used washi tape and put it in stripes to make geometric shapes. I then covered the lid in it too. Inside I made a felt Minecraft diamond pickaxe keyring.

 Lilo's Heart Jar.


This jar was definitely one of my favourites. I'm thinking of making a tutorial for it, so keep an eye out!! Inside I made a pompom bookmark.

 Stitch's Neon Jar.

When I think of Stitch, I think of a bright little boy that is full of energy, and this jar sort of reflects that. I used Sharpies to write his name and coloured the background yellow. I didn't really do much on the lid, only a greeny rim. Inside he got a felt Minecraft sheep head keyring.

 Taz's Pig Jar.
I basically just painted a pig on this with acrylic. and painted his name on the back. For inside I bought him some guitar picks.

 Bug's Gold & Silver Jar.



For this jar I used glass pens to write his name, and draw a pattern on the back. I kind of just went with the flow on this, and I'm rather proud of it!! The lid is just layers of the gold and silver pens. Inside he got a felt Campervan keyring.

 Chip's Skyline Jar.


This jar was not really intended to look like this. I dipped the bottom in glue, then sprinkled it with glitter. The only problem was that there was too much glue so when I turned it upside down to dry it drizzled down the sides. I didn't like it at first, but I dabbed white acrylic paint on with my finger and added stars and now I love it! Inside this I made a superhero mask.
 Dad's 'Daily Express' Jar.

This is one of my favourites. I didn't know whose it was going to be at first, but as I got into it I decided I could put the header on the lid, and it would be great for Dad as this is his go-to newspaper. I basically decoupaged newspaper onto the base, and then ripped out letters from the Saturday Magazine to spell 'Be Happy'. Then I ripped the pieces from the header and layered them how I wanted them. I didn't give him anything but sweets in his as I gave him some glasses for the coffee machine he was getting.



 Thank you so much for reading, and keep your eyes out for more Christmas present tutorials soon!





0 comments:

Post a Comment